Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Game Deals Options
Rum Geoff
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 9:11:11 AM

My wife got me WET (hahaha,those jokes never get old) for my birthday last September and I really enjoyed it. I've heard lots of bad things about Rogue Warrior but I eventually want to play it. It's on that looooooooong list of games I'll play eventually.

http://twitter.com/RumGeoff

Thryon
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 10:49:43 AM

mordinxx wrote:
Rogue Warrior and Wet are both $19.99 this week at FS. Are they worth it?

Wet would be worth it, but not Rogue Warrior.

mordinxx
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 3:15:39 PM

Went down to HMV & pre-ordered PoP (no you can't use the gift card to pay for it, lol), then swung by FS and got WET and finished my trip out by getting my ticket for Robin Hood.

Thryon
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:11:54 AM

mordinxx
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:07:05 PM

Thryon, where you able to get both the movie with RDR and the $10 off for buying more than 1 game? I was just there and told it's 1 or the other, that you can't have both.

Dalamornight
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:09:56 PM

mordinxx wrote:
Thryon, where you able to get both the movie with RDR and the $10 off for buying more than 1 game? I was just there and told it's 1 or the other, that you can't have both.

Well Sileed and I went to futureshop at lunch and they gave us the $20 2 copies of Red Dead and each a movie ...though looking at our slip we ended up paying $2 for the movie but oh well ..it's a good movie.

D.

Thryon
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:58:40 PM

mordinxx wrote:

I had lots of fun with FS today. When I went, there was no regular edition of Alan Wake. I grabbed a CE and went to pay. They charged me full price. I asked about my rebate and it took them a good 5 minutes to indicate it did not apply to the CE (I checked the site and the flyer and this was not indicated). I told them there was no regular editions on the shelved. They went out back and returned with 1 copy of a regular edition. The clerk indicated that they "forgot" to put out the regular edition. I think they only put out the CE to sell them off at the higher price.

As for the movie. They did not have em in the store at 9:30 so I did not get one. I did return later and they placed one aside for me (as I did not have my receipt at the time), but since I read it is one or the other I will just forget about the movie. I do not like westerns anyway.

mordinxx
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:14:59 PM

After seeing Dal's post I stopped by on the way home to ask again and was told you can get both. The same guy that said no at lunch was there and said after I left he double checked and I was right it was NOT one or the other. I bought both at $20 off and got the movie - but at this point all the Blu-rays were gone so I got stuck with a regular DVD.
I WANTED THE BLU-RAY!!! 19They did give me a card with the codes for the Alan Wake avatar Tee & theme.

Rum Geoff
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 1:49:22 AM

Keep it classy Future Shop....

How's RDR? I just got home from work and checked my friends list and saw Thryon, Sileed and Mordinxx playing...

http://twitter.com/RumGeoff

Thryon
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 1:57:09 AM

I wrote my quick opinion about Red Dead Redemption, but I moved to the Red Dead Redemption thread. This one should be about game deals.

Dalamornight
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:11:14 AM

mordinxx wrote:
After seeing Dal's post I stopped by on the way home to ask again and was told you can get both. The same guy that said no at lunch was there and said after I left he double checked and I was right it was NOT one or the other. I bought both at $20 off and got the movie - but at this point all the Blu-rays were gone so I got stuck with a regular DVD.
I WANTED THE BLU-RAY!!! 19They did give me a card with the codes for the Alan Wake avatar Tee & theme.

Glad I could help man. They didn't want to give us 2 same games for the deal either at 1st but we pushed a bit and won.

D.

Kireler
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:45:38 AM

I saw a poster at EBGames yesterday. Where if you pre-order a game, buy it ... you then have 7 days to bring it back for a FULL refund. The heading was "Why Rent"

I think this is a REALLY good idea and VERY tempting. I checked their website but couldn't find any more info yet.

Thryon
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:41:40 AM

A refund or store credit?

Thryon
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:43:14 AM

Walmart has "Fantastic Four" for the Xbox (not 360) for a dime. Yep 10 cents. The game is actually on the backwards compatibility list and will play on the Xbox 360.

I could not bring myself to purchase it, not even for a dime. Now if it had achievements....

Kireler
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:27:23 AM

Thryon wrote:
A refund or store credit?

I'm not sure ... I'll have to take a better look next time I go.

Sileed
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 9:51:00 AM

This sounds like the "game guarantee" - they give you store credit.

My name is Sileed and I approve this message.