Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Alan Wake Options
Dalamornight
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:29:51 AM

Well I got both Alan Wake and Red Dead yesterday and figure I would start with Alan so I'm going to give you my 1st impressions. I have only played thought the 1st chapter of the game so far and took about 90 minutes maybe 2 hours wasn't totally paying attention to the time.

I don't want to give spoilers so I will just tell you about some stuff without the going into great detail.

Controls are very well done so far I give it a A+ in this department.

Atmosphere in the night time part of the game is very good and very different from the day time. Of course this is what one would think but doesn't always happen in games and I feel that this is very important.

Story so far is one of the best I have played in this type of game, the way they go about telling it is both unique and refreshing.

There are some collectibles in this game as your moving though and they are for most part not overly hard to find. There is one that is very cool and that would be the Manuscript pages, they really help give the story that extra punch but also server to warn you of things to come.

All in all I must say I had hard time stopping after the 1st chapter to go to bed, I think I could have played till wee hours of the morning and not even noticed that I been playing.

D.

Rum Geoff
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:35:35 AM

Nice write up Dal! Are the manuscript pages kind of like the audio tapes in Bioshock?

http://twitter.com/RumGeoff

Kireler
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:40:49 AM

I agree ... Atmosphere is great, graphics are good, and it feels very different. Just running around and hearing little things in the woods has me turning around and checking out to see if there's something there. It does make your heart speed up a bit at times.

It's devinately one of those that you say 5 more minutes and it ends up being 2 hours.

I think the manuscript pages/Audio tapes is a good comparisent. The manuscript seems to hint/tell the story as you go along.

Dalamornight
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:46:17 AM

Rum Geoff wrote:
Nice write up Dal! Are the manuscript pages kind of like the audio tapes in Bioshock?

Yeah they are, the other nice thing is they are read out to you in Alan's voice.

D.

eagle
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:30:56 AM

Im on vacation this week so had the chance to finish the game and aqll i have to say is i can not wait for the dlc Very good game and the collectables were fun and not annoying

1St Or LaSt

Thryon
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 2:44:57 PM

I am waiting for the proper ambiance to play the game. Most likely Friday or Saturday.

newoutlaw929
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 7:00:58 PM

I really like how the game is played out from episode to episode. I also had some good jumpy parts that startled me. Need to play some more but so far I think it is spooktacular.07

Rum Geoff
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 9:47:56 PM

eagle wrote:
Im on vacation this week so had the chance to finish the game and aqll i have to say is i can not wait for the dlc Very good game and the collectables were fun and not annoying

How long did it take to beat it Eagle? I've had a few moments this week where I've felt like getting the game. If it wasn't for leaving for Florida monday morning, I might get it. It's not helping that my wife got a $25 HMV gift card in the mail from using her Esso Points...

http://twitter.com/RumGeoff