12/16/2009 11:46 PM
by Brian Wray (Thryon)
Today is Wednesday and Wednesday is Xbox Live Arcade days. Released today was Puzzlegeddon and Alien Breed Evolution Episode 1. As you may have guessed it, Puzzlegeddon is a puzzle game. Unlike recent puzzlers, the reviews for this game are quite good. Alien Breed is a remake of the classic Amiga title by the same name. The game was loosely based on the movie Aliens and featured a gameplay style that was a cross between Alien Syndrome and Gauntlet. The game will be released in 3 episodes. Both titles can be had for 800MS points each.
Set in an array of galaxies, Puzzlegeddon™ features a clever mix of puzzle, action, and strategy in a fast-paced and exciting game! Compete for the top spot on the planet by creating multiple combos for the quickest way to gather enough resources to blast your enemies out of this world. Or, if you find yourself on the perilous poisonous planet, solve brainteasers to survive for as long as possible and rack up a high score. Battle up to five players on Xbox LIVE® in a variety of galaxies in this stylish and quirky puzzle brawler.
* Puzzle action: Puzzle to collect resources and blast your enemies out of this world. It takes both speed and skill to earn the top spot on the planet. Battle against evil bots or puzzle to survive on a poisonous planet in challenging and addictive single player modes.
* Mini-game: Make a strong comeback from defeat by quickly completing The Dead Puzzler's Challenge, a fun mini-game in the realm of the dead.
* Multiplayer: Challenge friends and foes on Xbox LIVE in various game modes for up to six players!
* Custom game styles: Choose from many playable islands, each with their own unique theme and special skill. And customize your match rules with a crazy set of game rule modifiers to play the way you want.
Alien Breed™ Evolution (Episode 1)
Alien Breed™ Evolution (Episode 1) marks the rebirth of a gaming legend that has laid dormant for years. While the core gameplay remains intact, the technology, online component, and production values have improved immeasurably for your pleasure. The first episode of three has you battling alone or partnering up against the "breed," offline or online over five action-packed single-player levels and three multiplayer levels. Including bar-raising visuals and immersive gameplay, Alien Breed Evolution (Episode 1) is the definitive must-have action horror title you've been waiting for!
* Gripping storyline: The first thrilling episode of a trilogy relays the events of what happened on the doomed space station and just how the "breed" was unleashed.
* Top-end graphics and audio: Experience high quality and attractive visuals, all rendered in high-definition resolution, and rich, atmospheric sound effects. Epic's Unreal Engine3 powers the game and sumptuous visuals.
* Extensive single-player content: Battle your way through five challenging levels of horror and action as you reel with fear at what's happening before your very eyes.
* Multiplayer action: Get together with a friend and work as a lethal two-man unit in order to combat the "breed" from the same console or online with Xbox LIVE®.
* Intelligent enemies: Swarms of highly intelligent enemies not only see and hear the player, but also smell their blood! Brain and brawn will be required to defeat them.
* Realistic environments: The rich game universe is populated with the savage and bloodthirsty breed, and interactive non-player characters to help, hinder, and advance the story.
* Show me more-ability: Each episode concludes with a cliffhanger, drawing you into the full story.
* Weapons system: Six destructive, high-impact, visually stunning weapons are at your disposal to wipe out the horrors.
* Stylised storytelling: Lush comic-book style panels carry the story and characterisation as the narrative unfolds.
* Rankings and leaderboards: Co-op multiplayer, online stats, and leaderboards are all featured.
And here I spent the last of my points on Lips songs. Back to the store for me.